The U.S. dollar edged down in the upper
At noon, the dollar fetched
The euro was quoted at
The dollar was top-heavy throughout the morning in
Dealers said concerns about violence in
Following overnight declines in U.S. shares, the 225-issue Nikkei Stock Average fell 64.95 points, or 0.42 percent, from Tuesday, to end the morning at 15,311.29.
"Although the U.S. data turned out to be strong, U.S. stocks and Treasury yields fell and the
With Japanese exporters' sell orders for the dollar lined up at around
The currency market showed muted reaction to the Japanese government's new economic growth strategy, approved by the Cabinet the previous day, as most had already been reported, dealers said.
Under the strategy, the government has pledged to promote deregulation of farming, employment and medicine, and also promised to cut
Most Popular Stories
- Neighbor Warns Chris Brown to Stay Off His Property
- Venezuelan Officials Banned From Traveling in U.S.
- Homeowners More Satisfied With Mortgage Servicers
- Ford Tremor: Easy to Park, Hard to Pay For
- WWE Showing Off Its Muscles
- As Jobs Market Strengthens, Many Don't Feel It
- What Hamas and Israel Hope to Gain in Gaza
- Adrienne Bailon Disses Ex-Lover Rob Kardashian
- Target Taps Pepsi Exec as New CEO
- Hispanic Arts Leaders Unite Across the Border