American agricultural producers, utilities, and other businesses rely on commodities and derivatives markets to serve their customers and compete in a global marketplace. The Customer Protection and End User Relief Act protects them from costly bureaucratic overreach. It also significantly reduces the damage a failed Futures Commission Merchant (FCM), like MF Global, can inflict on its customers.
"This common sense, bipartisan legislation prevents the
"This bill also includes a provision that I authored which would require the Commission to quantify the costs and benefits of a rule when it is first proposed. This change will strengthen the rulemaking process and will result in better rules and a safer market. This will ensure that regulatory burdens are justified in the real world, not just in the pages of the
TNS 30FurigayJane-140625-4777097 30FurigayJane
Most Popular Stories
- Fantasy Football Gambling Industry Facing Increased Legal Scrutiny
- As States Legalize Pot, Will Traffic Deaths Rise?
- NATO Plans High-Readiness Force to Counter Russia
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy' Conquers the North American Box Office with $16.3M
- Obama Promoting Economic Gains As Elections Near
- Challenge to Texas Voter ID Begins
- Celebrities Vow Revenge on Hackers Who Posted Photos
- Construction Spending Staged Strong Rebound in July
- Netflix Unveils New Way to Share Recommendations