The company said if the pound remained at current levels, the currency translation and transaction effects would have reduced 2013 pre-tax profit of £251.4m by about £19m.
The amount reflected £13m in currency translation plus an estimated £6m in currency transaction, arising mainly on
The company also noted a subdued market especially in
Most Popular Stories
- Americans Still Pessimistic Despite Economic Growth
- Obama's Delay on Immigration Creates Uncertainty
- Obama on Labor Day: Don't Take Rights for Granted
- New Hershey's Logo Revealed
- Buyer's Remorse on Common Core for Policymakers?
- California Passes First US Statewide Bag Ban
- Mexico's Pemex Forecasts 6.7% Drop in 2014 Crude Production
- American Airlines Back on Obitz
- Echeveste Steps Down, Perez Steps Up at VPE
- Startups Offer Smartphone Banking Apps