The Australian dollar retreated to 1.4463 against the euro and 95.89 against the yen, from early highs of 1.4415 and 96.08, respectively.
Against the Canadian and US dollars, the aussie eased to 1.0086 and 0.9405 from early highs of 1.0116 and 0.9429, respectively.
Against the NZ dollar, the aussie retreated to 1.0787 from an early multi-day high of 1.0823.
Most Popular Stories
- Americans Still Pessimistic Despite Economic Growth
- Illinois Issues Fracking Rules
- Detroit Muslim Conference Stirs Controversy
- Startups Offer Smartphone Banking Apps
- 'Longmire' Cancelled, Looks for New Network
- Clippers Deal Started With 2 Numbers
- Hip-Hop Takes Up Ferguson Cause
- Echeveste Steps Down, Perez Steps Up at VPE
- Immigration Delay Throws Both Parties a Curve
- Canada, Russia Go to War (on Twitter)