Transportation and Logistics provider, AGS, was recently singled out in a
AGS specializes in transporting this high-value and highly sensitive computer equipment and the associated security and coordination that go along with it. Stringent packing procedures are in place to insure safe transit, as populated server racks can weigh up to 4,000 pounds and tend to be top heavy. The security measures for these types of shipments is taken to the highest level with security seals on all shipments, extensive background checks for drivers and handlers and a team of drivers for non-stop service to destination. "We have a whole team coordinating the delivery effort before the racks even get there. When you're the final leg of the supply chain of a high-value and highly sensitive product, you don't want any surprises," says
Ramon is responsible for shipping server racks and reports AGS ships 25,000 a year for one client alone. Additional clients fall into the categories of cloud computing and storage providers, social media, entertainment and hardware companies.
AGS has been servicing customers since 1958 and is a leading provider of transportation, logistics and supply chain management solutions worldwide. It has stations and agencies in 125+ U.S. cities and 196 countries, and offers a menu of services that AGS management characterizes as offering "more options and greater flexibility than any other single source."
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2014/06/prweb11953038.htm
Most Popular Stories
- National Retail Federation Reduces Sales Forecast
- Hispanic Leader Goes the Extra Mile
- Xavier Gutierrez Appointed to Bank Board
- Long-term Strengths Emerge in U.S. Economy
- Honda' s Accord Plug-in Hybrid Is a Fuel Miser
- Morgan Stanley Ponies Up $275 Million to Settle SEC Charges
- Weekly Jobless Claims Drop to Lowest Level in 8 Years
- Stop-Start Engines Save Gas, Reduce Emissions
- Naya Rivera and Ryan Dorsey Are Married
- Menendez: No Arms for Iraq Without Intel