The flash survey data from Markit Economics showed that French private sector contracted further to 48 in June, a four-month low, and down from 49.3 in May.
Separate data showed that German flash composite output index declined to 54.2 in June from 55.6 in May, which is its slowest pace of growth in eight months.
The US Secretary of State
In economic news, an index monitoring the manufacturing sector in
That pushes the index into expansionary territory, as a score above 50 signals growth in a sector while a reading below means contraction.
The yen advanced to 138.27 against the euro, its highest since
The yen climbed to a 4-day high of 173.27 against the pound, after falling to a 5-1/2-month low of 174.08 last week. The yen is likely to find resistance around the 172.5 mark.
The yen climbed to a 5-day high of 113.58 against the franc, which may be compared to Friday's closing quote of 113.96. On the upside, 112.5 is seen as the yen's next possible upside target level.
The yen which ended last week's trading at 102.01 against the greenback advanced to 101.81. The yen is likely to test resistance around the 101.00 mark.
Looking ahead, US existing home sales for May and
Most Popular Stories
- U.S. Families 'Extraordinarily Vulnerable': Yellen
- Hillary Clinton to Address CHCI Conference
- Larry Ellison Steps Down as Oracle CEO
- Apple Locks Itself Out of Devices
- Alibaba Prices IPO at $68 a Share
- Veterans to Get Training as Solar Panel Installers
- Hispanics Doubt Marco Rubio's Chances
- Wildfires Rage in California
- John Cantlie Delivers ISIS Message to Save Life
- Alibaba: Today China, Tomorrow the World