In its Adding up the Benefits report released late Monday, the international development lender put the annual global economic benefit at more than
It also said that more than 1 million lives would be saved.
"The report's findings show clearly that the right policy choices can deliver significant benefits to lives, jobs, crops, energy and GDP," said
The report focused on the world's two greatest emitters of greenhouse gasses - the US and
In general, the
A year ago, in its Turn Down the Heat report, the
Climate scientists say that the world faces temperature increases of 4 degrees Celsius above pre-industrial levels by the end of century if no preventative action is taken.
The only way to avoid drastic rises in sea level and lethal drought is to keep that increase to 2 degrees or less, they say.
Most Popular Stories
- Iran Digs in on Underground Nuclear Site
- Existing Home Sales in U.S. Fell in August
- 'The Voice' Sounds Different This Season
- Trump Plaza Asks to Sell Assets
- NSHMBA to Rebrand With New Name, Logo
- Hispanic Designer Honored As Rising Star
- Investors Fret Yahoo's Future, Stock Dips
- Cristela Gets a Big Thumbs Up
- NFL Vetting Process: There Are No Sure Things
- Businesses, Investors Pressing for Green Policy