The Dow Jones industrial average slipped 40 points, or 0.2 percent, to 16,907 as of
The Standard & Poor's 500 index fell two points, or 0.1 percent, to 1,960. The Nasdaq composite lost five points, or 0.1 percent, to 4,362.
The yield on the 10-year Treasury note was little changed at 2.60 percent.
The price of crude oil dropped
Most Popular Stories
- Desktop, Laptop Setups Still King
- 'Lucy's' Super Powers Tops 'Hercules' at Box Office
- Four DC Comics Properties Brought to TV Get Comic-Con Event
- Nissan Profits Rise on Growth in U.S., China
- Shania Twain's Vegas residency ending after 110 shows
- 'Sharknado' Sequel Has Bite and Lots of Laughs
- Plan to Simplify 2015 Health Renewals May Backfire
- UFC Fight Night Sees Robbie Lawler Win Unanimous Decision
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy ' Sequel Slated for 2017
- Pending Home Sales Slipped in June