The Dow Jones industrial average slipped 45 points, or 0.3 percent, to 16,901 in the first few minutes of trading Monday.
The Standard & Poor's 500 index fell two points, or 0.1 percent, to 1,960. The Nasdaq composite lost a point to 4,366.
The yield on the 10-year Treasury note fell to 2.59 percent from 2.61 percent Friday. The price of oil dropped
Most Popular Stories
- National Retail Federation Reduces Sales Forecast
- Long-term Strengths Emerge in U.S. Economy
- Amazon Fire Phone Improves on Familiar: Review
- Honda' s Accord Plug-in Hybrid Is a Fuel Miser
- Comic-Con Festival Kicks Off in San Diego
- Self-Induced Abortions Rise After Texas Closes Clinics
- Naya Rivera and Ryan Dorsey Are Married
- Marco Rubio Swings Back to the Right
- Deported Honduran Families Face a Bleak Future
- Social Media Startups That Pay You to Post