The Dow Jones industrial average slipped 45 points, or 0.3 percent, to 16,901 in the first few minutes of trading Monday.
The Standard & Poor's 500 index fell two points, or 0.1 percent, to 1,960. The Nasdaq composite lost a point to 4,366.
The yield on the 10-year Treasury note fell to 2.59 percent from 2.61 percent Friday. The price of oil dropped
Most Popular Stories
- Doctor Who Christmas Episode Begins Production
- HCL America Adding 1,200 IT Jobs
- Medical Mfg. Jobs Coming to Dayton
- Longtime Unemployed to Get Help in Las Vegas
- Michael Jackson, Freddie Mercury on Previously Unreleased Queen Cut
- SpaceX Aims for Predawn Launch on Saturday
- Women Key to Democratic Party: Clinton
- U.S. Chamber Caught Up in Tax Inversion Question
- Feds Won't Say How Many Border Crossers Jailed
- Christie Didn't Order Bridge Shut Down, Feds Say