The government must scrutinise public spending to pre-empt misuse of funds raised through sovereign debt, according to regional risk consultancy
The firm's managing director
"If we maintain a high appetite for spending, it will erode anticipated gains from the Eurobond," Mulwa said.
The government should ensure the goodwill is not eroded through misuse of funds to be raised, according to Mulwa. The National Treasury must therefore embark on cost management initiatives and avoid diverting the funds away from intended purposes.
Proceeds from the bond will go towards financing various infrastructural projects and repayment of a
Most Popular Stories
- Congress Passes Law Promoting Transparency Reconstruction of Haiti
- UFC Fight Night Sees Robbie Lawler Win Unanimous Decision
- Four DC Comics Properties Brought to TV Get Comic-Con Event
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy ' Sequel Slated for 2017
- Plan to Simplify 2015 Health Renewals May Backfire
- Desktop, Laptop Setups Still King
- Shania Twain's Vegas residency ending after 110 shows
- Google Confirms $1B Acquisition of Twitch.tv
- Demand for Fair Trade Brings Big Opportunity, Clear Conscience
- Zillow in Reported $2B Bid for Real Estate Rival Trulia