The Canadian dollar rose 0.15 of a cent to
U.S. futures were tepid ahead of the release of home sales figures and a reading on the health of the manufacturing sector in the
The Dow Jones industrial futures slipped one point to 16,587, the Nasdaq futures were down 3.5 points to 3,789.8 while the S&P 500 futures added 0.7 of a point to 1,953.9.
On the economic front, data showed the Chinese manufacturing sector moving into expansion territory.
"The data reinforce our view of a sequential growth bottoming in Q1," said a commentary from
However, other data showed that business activity in the eurozone slowed for a second straight month in June. Data firm
The Chinese data helped push July copper up
Bullion prices backed off slightly after running ahead last week amid tensions between
Oil prices declined marginally after rising steadily over the last two weeks as a Sunni uprising gained momentum in
The TSX ran ahead 0.7 per cent last week in a series of new highs for the
Most Popular Stories
- Americans Still Pessimistic Despite Economic Growth
- Apple to Unveil New Items on Sept. 9
- Bogdanovitch Delivers Laughs With 'She's Funny'
- Axxis Solutions Appoints Benites as CEO
- Friends Followed Similar Paths to Violent Jihad
- Parra Joins Exclusive Club of Hispanic CEOs
- Obama Puts Ukraine Violence on Russia
- California Moves Toward Ban on Plastic Bags
- Nintendo Launching 'Amiibo' Toy-game Franchise
- Identity Thieves Prey on Job Seekers