The pound slipped to a 4-day low of 173.18 against the yen from an early high of 173.81.
The pound reversed from early highs of 1.7048 against the greenback, 1.5259 against the franc and 0.7976 against the pound, falling to 1.7006, 1.5217 and 0.7993,respectively.
If the pound extends slide, it is likely to find support around 1.69 against the greenback, 1.51 against the franc, 0.806 against the euro and 172.5 against the yen.
Most Popular Stories
- Islamic State Obliterating Cultural Landmarks in Mosul
- The 2014 Fastest-Growing 100
- 'Lucy's' Super Powers Tops 'Hercules' at Box Office
- VW Site Could Mean Another 2,000 Jobs for Chattanooga
- RV Sales See Highest Increase Post Great Recession
- Report: China to Declare Qualcomm a Monopoly
- Eid al-Fitr Celebrations Mark End of Ramadan
- Oppression of Women Cripples Africa: Obama
- Insecticides Permeate U.S. Food, Water Supply
- Anarchy, Chaos Sweep Across Libya