It said the agency model will work just as its ATM network which offers bank customers access to their money with Visa-enabled cards where their banks' ATM machines are unavailable. Mobile money users can also withdraw cash from PesaPoint ATMs.
"The agent network will provide cash-in and cash-out services to subscribers of any mobile money service, enable cash withdrawal for debit cards issued by banks in
PesaPoint, a member of the payment solutions provider
The PesaPoint agents will battle out with agents for telecoms as well as those of commercial banks as they straddle both turfs. If successful however, they will save some of the banks from having to roll out their own agents and instead stick with the arrangement as with ATM infrastructure.
According to the
Most Popular Stories
- Islamic State Obliterating Cultural Landmarks in Mosul
- The 2014 Fastest-Growing 100
- 'Lucy's' Super Powers Tops 'Hercules' at Box Office
- Boehner Says Impeachment Talk Is Democrat Scam
- You're So Vain: Microsoft to Launch First 'Selfie Phone'
- VW Site Could Mean Another 2,000 Jobs for Chattanooga
- RV Sales See Highest Increase Post Great Recession
- U.S. Home Price Gains Slow for 6th Month in a Row
- Report: China to Declare Qualcomm a Monopoly
- Insecticides Permeate U.S. Food, Water Supply