It said the agency model will work just as its ATM network which offers bank customers access to their money with Visa-enabled cards where their banks' ATM machines are unavailable. Mobile money users can also withdraw cash from PesaPoint ATMs.
"The agent network will provide cash-in and cash-out services to subscribers of any mobile money service, enable cash withdrawal for debit cards issued by banks in
PesaPoint, a member of the payment solutions provider
The PesaPoint agents will battle out with agents for telecoms as well as those of commercial banks as they straddle both turfs. If successful however, they will save some of the banks from having to roll out their own agents and instead stick with the arrangement as with ATM infrastructure.
According to the
Most Popular Stories
- Stop-Start Engines Save Gas, Reduce Emissions
- Shia LaBeouf Plea Deal, Alcoholism Treatment
- Ohio State Band Chief Fired After Probe
- Hispanic Leader Goes the Extra Mile
- World Tensions Don't Curb Enthusiasm for Stocks
- U.K. Economy Surpasses Pre-Crisis Peak
- Morgan Stanley Ponies Up $275 Million to Settle SEC Charges
- Ricky Martin Joins 'The Voice ... Mexico'
- Jennifer Lopez, Pitbull to Perform at Fashion Rocks
- Visa, Amazon Results Drag Down the Street