Katy Perry recently offered to help Hillary Clinton on her potential presidential campaign.
The 29-year-old singer met the former U.S. Senator at Clinton's book signing Thursday in Los Angeles. The politico is currently on a nationwide tour to promote her new memoir, Hard Choices. The book is her second autobiography, and details her time as secretary of state.
Perry posted a photo of the pair on Instagram the next day, and revealed the special proposition she made to Clinton at the event. The singer offered to write her a campaign theme song should she make another bid for president in 2016.
"I told @hillaryclinton that I would write her a 'theme' song if she needs it..." Perry writes in the caption.
Clinton responded Sunday on Twitter, telling Perry her song of choice would be "Roar." The track is the lead single from Perry's 2013 album Prism, and has a message of self-empowerment.
.@katyperry Well that's not a Hard Choice. You already did! Keep letting us hear you Roar.— Hillary Clinton (@HillaryClinton) June 22, 2014
Original headline: Katy Perry offers to write Hillary Clinton campaign theme song for 2016
Most Popular Stories
- Americans Still Pessimistic Despite Economic Growth
- Bogdanovitch Delivers Laughs With 'She's Funny'
- Labor Day Travel Up, Gas Prices Down
- Nintendo Launching 'Amiibo' Toy-game Franchise
- U.K. Raises Terror Threat Level to 'Severe'
- Apple to Unveil New Items on Sept. 9
- Parra Joins Exclusive Club of Hispanic CEOs
- Axxis Solutions Appoints Benites as CEO
- Obama Puts Ukraine Violence on Russia
- Canada, Russia Go to War (on Twitter)