Individual investors had invested around
Investment in the Nippon Individual Savings Accounts, or
Capital gains and dividends on up to
The survey covered all 686 banks, securities firms, credit cooperatives and other financial institutions offering the
The number of accounts totaled 6,503,951 as of the end of March.
Of the total accounts, 59.8 percent were opened by people aged 60 or older.
Of the money invested through the accounts,
The agency said it wants to increase the number of
Most Popular Stories
- Prosecutor to Investigate Walmart Police Shooting
- GM to Announce New Jobs in Tennessee
- Mark Sanchez Suddenly a Hot QB Commodity
- Smith & Wesson Misses Target
- Emirates Hit Libyan Targets With Airstrikes
- Michael Brown Funeral: Can Americans Change the Script of Violence?
- Marco Rubio Warns Obama on Deportations
- American Killed With ISIS Fighters in Syria
- Surf's Up! SoCal Prepares for Big Storm Surf
- Ford Hires 300 at Louisville Lincoln Plant