Individual investors had invested around
Investment in the Nippon Individual Savings Accounts, or
Capital gains and dividends on up to
The survey covered all 686 banks, securities firms, credit cooperatives and other financial institutions offering the
The number of accounts totaled 6,503,951 as of the end of March.
Of the total accounts, 59.8 percent were opened by people aged 60 or older.
Of the money invested through the accounts,
The agency said it wants to increase the number of
Most Popular Stories
- Americans Still Pessimistic Despite Economic Growth
- GE Capital and Petters-Related Fund in Legal Battle
- Even With Surly 2014 Electorate, It's 'Still an Incumbent's World'
- California Conservation Conundrum: Water Use Varies Greatly Across State
- Combating Online Abuse Not Easy for Gamers
- Feds Want Nuclear Waste Train, but Nowhere to Go
- Detroit Raced Toward this Week's Bankruptcy Trial
- New Hershey's Logo Revealed
- Buyer's Remorse on Common Core for Policymakers?
- Obama on Labor Day: Don't Take Rights for Granted