The new functionality gives service providers a direct pipeline to benefit from the Veeam ecosystem, which includes over 100 000 customers. Veeam customers (http://www.veeam.com/success-stories.html?ad=pr) get a fully integrated, secure and efficient means to move backups to an offsite backup repository managed by the service provider of their choice, but without the upfront capital investment of an offsite infrastructure.
"To ensure complete data centre availability in the event of any disaster, Veeam recommends that IT follow the 3-2-1 rule (http://www.veeam.com/blog/how-to-follow-the-3-2-1-backup-rule-with-veeam-backup-replication.html?ad=pr): three copies of data on two different kinds of media, one of which is offsite," said Ratmir Timashev, President and CEO of Veeam. "Veeam Cloud Connect enables IT to fulfil the offsite requirement without having to invest in offsite infrastructure or management, and presents new opportunities for service providers and Veeam resellers to build recurring revenue, offer additional services and establish relationships with new customers."
New opportunities for service providers
Both current Veeam cloud providers (VCPs) and new Veeam service providers can leverage Veeam Cloud Connect to grow their customer base and recurring revenue streams. Set-up only requires a single server and takes less than 10 minutes, providing all the infrastructure management capabilities a service provider needs to offer an offsite repository service to Veeam customers.
Plus, pricing has been tailored to meet the specific needs of service providers. Instead of an upfront perpetual licence, Veeam offers service providers monthly per VM licensing. Finally, Veeam customers can search for and contact nearby service providers through an integrated Web portal in Veeam Availability Suite v8, bringing new customers right to the service provider's doorstep.
Features for service providers (http://go.veeam.com/v8-cloud-connect-service-providers?ad=pr) include:
* Cloud gateway: Virtualises all traffic between the customer and the service provider through a single port, creating a convenient way for customers to connect with cloud resources through firewalls. * SSL connection: Reliable, secure connection over SSL eliminates extra costs, complexity and management overhead – maintaining VPN infrastructure is no longer necessary. * Multi-tenancy: Manage multiple customers, cloud repositories and cloud gateways from one all-inclusive management and reporting console. * Resource management: Allocate storage for each customer, while leveraging built-in reports and alerts to track storage consumption, manage expiration dates, and send automatic renewal reminders. * Scale-out architecture: Easily scale Veeam Cloud Connect infrastructure by deploying multiple cloud gateways, thus enabling automatic load balancing and high availability. * End-to-end encryption: All data is protected in-flight with SSL, and customers can additionally encrypt data at-source (before it leaves their network perimeter) and still get all the benefits of built-in WAN acceleration.
"We have provided offsite backup and disaster recovery for Veeam customers since 2011," said
"Our customers are increasingly telling us that their applications and data centres need to be available 24-7," said Helene Caraux, Cloud Product Manager at OVH, a Platinum Veeam Cloud Provider. "With Veeam Cloud Connect, we can play an important role in making that happen by providing them with a simple, secure and affordable way to move backups offsite to our repository. It enables additional availability and security services for us as well as additional peace of mind for our customers. Thanks to Veeam, it's a win for both of us."
New offsite options for Veeam customers
Veeam Cloud Connect (http://go.veeam.com/v8-cloud-connect?ad=pr) enables Veeam customers to send backups offsite to a hosted repository through a reliable, secure SSL connection with no additional Veeam licensing required. It's a simple way to protect against the risk of catastrophic data loss without owning, managing and maintaining hardware at a second site, or struggling with data transfer and security issues of public cloud backup. Instead, IT can find a service provider they trust to host their offsite backups. IT only pays for what it uses.
Additional features for Veeam customers include:
* Complete visibility and control: Access and recover data from hosted backup repositories directly from the Veeam backup console. Track cloud repository consumption and receive reminders for hosted storage renewals. * Modern backup architecture: Fully leverage Veeam's
Veeam Cloud Connec (http://go.veeam.com/v8-cloud-connect?ad=pr)t will be available as part of the Veeam Availability Suite v8 (http://go.veeam.com/availability-suite-v8?ad=pr), which will be generally available in Q3, 2014. Veeam Availability Suite v8 will be showcased at VeeamON: the world's premier data centre availability event (http://go.veeam.com/veeamon?ad=pr), taking place
Click to Tweet (https://twitter.com/intent/tweet?text=New+Veeam+Cloud+Connect%AA+Gives+Service+Providers+an+Easy+Way+to+Host+Backups+for+Veeam%D5s+100,000+Customers+http://www.veeam.com/news/new-veeam-cloud-connect-gives-service-providers-an-easy-way-to-host-backups.html): New Veeam Cloud Connect gives service providers an easy way to host backups for Veeam's 100 000+ customers
Most Popular Stories
- Prosecutor to Investigate Walmart Police Shooting
- Mark Sanchez Suddenly a Hot QB Commodity
- GM to Announce New Jobs in Tennessee
- Smith & Wesson Misses Target
- Emirates Hit Libyan Targets With Airstrikes
- Marco Rubio Warns Obama on Deportations
- Michael Brown Funeral: Can Americans Change the Script of Violence?
- American Killed With ISIS Fighters in Syria
- Surf's Up! SoCal Prepares for Big Storm Surf
- Ford Hires 300 at Louisville Lincoln Plant