According to Battelle, approximately
The founding Steering Committee level members of the
? plot and visualize 1D, 2D, and 3D data, and process and manage data for structured and unstructured grids;
? develop modeling and simulation software for physical and social sciences, such as physics, chemistry, biology, sociology, psychology and others;
? provide standard descriptions and definitions for scientific data; and
? create infrastructure software to support scientific computing, such as tools job launching and monitoring, parallel debugging, and remote project management.
The first SWG open source projects are based on code contributions from
? The Eclipse Integrated Computational Environment (ICE) is a platform for modeling and simulation projects in science and engineering. It provides a standard set of tools for project scientists to set up the input model, launch a simulation job, analyse the results, and manage the input and output data. The code is based on technology created at
? Eclipse DawnSci defines Java interfaces for data description, plotting and plot tools, data slicing and file loading. The project aims to provide interoperability of algorithms between different scientific projects. It is based on a code contribution by Diamond Light Source.
"Software is becoming increasingly important in all facets of society, including scientific research. So creating efficiencies in the scientific software development life-cycle is becoming increasingly important. We are thrilled to have world renowned research organizations, like
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2014/06/prweb11957122.htm
Most Popular Stories
- Bently Creates Alabama Small Business Commission
- Is Alibaba's IPO Price a Fairytale?
- Kardashian: Kanye Never Told Fan in Wheelchair to Stand Up
- California King Fire Roars Out of Control
- Mercedes Rolls Out S550 Plug-in Hybrid
- U.S. Tobacco Growers Lose Last of Price Supports
- CalPERS Pulls Out of Hedge Funds
- SBA Kicks off Hispanic Heritage Month
- Los Angeles Angels Clinch Playoff Spot
- Sanctions Push Russian Ruble to Historic Low