The House adopted some amendments moved by Finance Minister
After the passage of the bill, the Finance Minister congratulated the
He said productive discussion was held on the budget and we adopted several proposals given by the
Giving good news on the occasion, the Finance Minister said
The house will now take up supplementary demands for grants and appropriations for the year 2013-14.
Earlier replying to points raised by Sheikh
He said the Prime Minister has already said that the load-shedding will end during the tenure of the government.
He said a campaign has been launched against the theft of electricity and gas and as a result there is decrease in the theft by 1.5 per cent. He said it is the effort of the government to bring the line losses of electricity from 16 percent to eight percent.
The Finance Minister said the major focus of the budget is on the people living below the poverty line.
With a total outlay of
Ten percent ad hoc relief has been announced for the salaried class and minimum wage has been increased to
Increasing the financial assistance for the deserving families to
Special measures have also been announced for the agriculture sector.
Most Popular Stories
- Toxic Algae Threatens Florida Fishing, Tourism
- Hispanic Groups Lead Voter Registration Drive
- Eva Mendes Gives Birth to a Baby Girl
- Fed Signals It Will Keep Key Rate at Record Low
- Plus-Size iPhones Live Up to The Hype
- FedEx Adding 50,000 Holiday Jobs
- Stocks Rise Before Fed Statement
- Occupy Wall Street Buys Up Student Debt
- Cool Features on Today's New iOS 8
- Kohl's Hiring 67,000 for the Holidays