"We will try to regain the public's trust through renewed efforts to sever ties with antisocial groups,"
"I deeply apologize for causing trouble and stirring concerns," as its core banking unit
The company is planning to establish three committees, which will be in charge of nominating executives, deciding on their pay and conducting audits. More than half of the members of each committee will consist of external board members so as to oversee management and strengthen the governance structure.
Among the firm's 13 board members expected to be approved at the shareholders' meeting, six come from outside the firm. Former economic and fiscal policy minister
The scandal over shady loans to gangsters came to light in late September when the FSA ordered
In December, the FSA ordered the megabank to suspend some of its affiliated loans and demanded the bank's parent
Most Popular Stories
- National Retail Federation Reduces Sales Forecast
- Hispanic Leader Goes the Extra Mile
- Xavier Gutierrez Appointed to Bank Board
- Ted Cruz: Why Did FAA Ban Flights to Israel?
- Morgan Stanley Ponies Up $275 Million to Settle SEC Charges
- Honda' s Accord Plug-in Hybrid Is a Fuel Miser
- Stop-Start Engines Save Gas, Reduce Emissions
- Long-term Strengths Emerge in U.S. Economy
- Risks of Layoffs Becoming Rarer in U.S.
- Weekly Jobless Claims Drop to Lowest Level in 8 Years