The company reported a pretax loss of
"We believe fiscal 2014 will be a far more visibly active year for M&FI, as we consider our first strategic investments. Once we have determined that a mineral asset is attractive we will most likely negotiate our investment privately, as would a private equity fund, and inject capital into the company on a conditional basis, most likely to include board representation and a right of first refusal on advisory work," the investor in commodities markets said in a statement.
"Ideally our investment stake will represent between 5% and 20% of the investee company, which would allow us the manoeuvring room to make follow-on investments and /or financing solutions to the company," it added.
Most Popular Stories
- Steven Sotloff Beheading Video Claimed by Islamic State
- Men Are the Big Winners in the Jobs Recovery
- Apple Planning to Launch Mobile Wallet
- California Hispanic Chamber Picks New Chair
- Challenge to Texas Voter ID Begins
- U.S. Drones Hit al-Shabab in Somalia
- Ford Is Finding Success With Its 'Unminivan'
- Durant Spurns Under Armour to Return to Nike
- Auto Industry Going Back to Bad Habits
- Health Care Hiring Up, Wages Down