The company reported a pretax loss of
"We believe fiscal 2014 will be a far more visibly active year for M&FI, as we consider our first strategic investments. Once we have determined that a mineral asset is attractive we will most likely negotiate our investment privately, as would a private equity fund, and inject capital into the company on a conditional basis, most likely to include board representation and a right of first refusal on advisory work," the investor in commodities markets said in a statement.
"Ideally our investment stake will represent between 5% and 20% of the investee company, which would allow us the manoeuvring room to make follow-on investments and /or financing solutions to the company," it added.
Most Popular Stories
- Toxic Algae Threatens Florida Fishing, Tourism
- Eva Mendes Gives Birth to a Baby Girl
- Hispanic Groups Lead Voter Registration Drive
- Fed Signals It Will Keep Key Rate at Record Low
- Plus-Size iPhones Live Up to The Hype
- FedEx Adding 50,000 Holiday Jobs
- Stocks Rise Before Fed Statement
- Occupy Wall Street Buys Up Student Debt
- Cool Features on Today's New iOS 8
- Kohl's Hiring 67,000 for the Holidays