News Column

LIMITLESS EARTH PLC - Trading update

June 23, 2014



24 June 2014Limitless Earth plc's (the "Company" or "LME") Trading Update Following the successful Admission to AIM of the Company's shares in May 2014, the Board of LME is pleased to provide shareholders with a trading update. The Company has initiated preliminary due diligence on several prospective investment opportunities in line with its stated investing policy of acquiring businesses in sectors that benefit from demographic change. The quality and range of these and other opportunities being brought to the Company, coupled with further market analysis undertaken since Admission, has identified opportunities arising from ageing populations, less healthy lifestyles, and the on-going boom in population numbers which is putting enormous pressure on global health. The Board will therefore initially focus on the "Health & Wellness" sector, within its strategy of demographic trend investing. As outlined above, LME is in discussions with several companies that have products that fit with the trending demand profile in the Health & Wellness sector and it will update the market with its progress in due course. As of 20 June 2014, the Company holds cash equivalent to 4.6 pence a share. Given this strong cash position, the Board expects any investments or acquisitions in the foreseeable future not to require any further capital raising, with any cash requirement being sourced from existing funds. For further information please contact: Limitless Earth plcwww.limitlessearthplc.comDominic White +44 7972 000 093 Cairn Financial Advisers LLP +44 20 7148 7900 Nominated Adviser www.cairnfin.comJo Turner/Liam MurrayGlobal Investment Strategy Limited +44 20 7048 9400 Joint Broker www.gisukltd.comJohn GunnPeterhouse Corporate Finance Limited +44 20 7469 0930 Joint Broker www.pcorpfin.comPeter Greensmith Notes to Editors: Background on Health & Wellness sector In March 2014, Accenture, a leading management consulting company, reports that the $502 billion consumer healthcare market is expected to grow by nearly 50 per cent. to $737 billion over the next five years. The growth is primarily driven by preventive Health & Wellness sector sub-categories such as vitamins, minerals & supplements ("VMS"), nutrition, weight management and fortified foods & beverages and spurred on by demand from digitally-enabled, health conscious consumers and the growing wealth of emerging market consumers. Accenture estimates that less than 15 per cent. of this growth is likely to come from `Over The Counter' products (pain, cough/cold/stomach remedies), where the historical market leaders are positioned today. It is believed that the remaining 85 per cent. of the growth will come from categories, such as VMS, nutrition, fortified foods & beverages. Changing consumer behaviours spurred on by demographics, evolving healthcare policies and the digital revolution, were assessed to be driving growth due to the following: * Empowered with increasing information and personal technology, the digitally enabled consumer wants to be a stakeholder in their own health and wellness; * In emerging markets, consumer affluence is growing as the population ages. China is expected to have 331m people aged 65 or older by 2050 more than the entire US population today; * Sedentary lifestyles can be tied to rising levels of chronic diseases. One in two adults are overweight or obese in the US; and * Consumers are realising they have to take a more active role in managing their health as the industry moves towards improved health through illness prevention rather than cure, and governments and employers are incentivising healthier lifestyles.




For more stories on investments and markets, please see HispanicBusiness' Finance Channel



Source: PR Newswire (UK Disclosure)


Story Tools






HispanicBusiness.com Facebook Linkedin Twitter RSS Feed Email Alerts & Newsletters