In his wind up speech on Khyber Pakhtunkhwa budget for financial year 2014-14, he said that the joint efforts since 2002 are bearing results.
He said that federal government agreed on the payment of
The senior minister said that even today they are carrying joint efforts for achievement of the rights of the province and for this purpose had held a meeting of former finance ministers and parliamentary leaders of opposition parties in the provincial assembly. Similarly, he said that they also organised a Jirga of the parliamentarians of the province in
He said the outstanding arrears are
Siraj-ul-Haq said that for the resources, the province is 95% dependent on federal government. Regarding shortfall in the receipts, he said for the current year the estimated revenue target of the federal government was
The finance minister said that the province has the potential of generating 18,000 megawatt electricity, while besides huge reserves of oil and gas they also have opportunities in tourism sector.
He said during next financial year the government will utilize all these potentials.
He said that in the
utilization of these potentials while a
He said that out of the total budget
Regarding provincial debts, he said that when came into power the volume of loans was
He said that every member has given share in the development program while road sector has been divided. He disliked umbrella schemes and said that in future resources would be distributed on the basis of a survey to be conducted in this record.
The finance minister termed the budget as poor-friendly, saying for first time in the history of the province an amount of
Most Popular Stories
- Scholarships Offered for Hispanic Heritage Month
- Latin America Seeks Ways to Add Value to China Exports
- Hurdles for Obama Health Law in Second Enrollment Season
- Boeing Succeeds in Early Wooing of China Airline Startups
- IS Releases New Beheading Video
- Hope Solo Sets Shutout Record in US Rout of Mexico
- Steve Ballmer Files Six-Figure Counterclaim vs. Steve Gordon
- Etsy Says 'No' to Redskins Logo, Name
- Detroit Bankruptcy: Pivotal Progress in Trial's Second Week
- Sneak Peek: A Roundup of 2015 New Models