The council chairperson, Erneste Rwagasana, said at least 60 per cent of the budget will be channeled toward development projects in agriculture, infrastructure such as road construction, distribution of water and electricity among others.
Rwagasana added that about Rwf60 million was earmarked for the implementation of Nyakarambi town master plan.
Nyakarambi, the nearest town to
"The budget will mainly finance activities in line with the four pillars of development in
Rwagasana urged district councillors to follow up on the implementation of projects highlighted in the budget.
"Our work as councillors exceeds mere passing of the budget. We should go to the grassroots to oversee its implementation," he said.
Protais Murayire, the districy mayor, said the budget will target people-centred development projects.
"In the agriculture sector, banana and coffee plantation will be encouraged and several families will be given livestock to enhance their income," he said. Kirehe is one of the fastest growing districts in the country.
Most Popular Stories
- Businesses, Investors Pressing for Green Policy
- 'The Voice' Sounds Different This Season
- NSHMBA to Rebrand With New Name, Logo
- Lower Used-Car Prices Roil the Auto Industry
- Chrysler and Google Launch Virtual Plant Tour
- Perry Wants to Skip Court for Foreign Trip
- Investors Fret Yahoo's Future, Stock Dips
- Liberty Power Helps USHCC Go Green
- Iran Digs in on Underground Nuclear Site
- Hispanic Designer Honored As Rising Star