Stating that the choice before the government was to allow the railways to bleed and eventually walk into a debt trap or raise fares, Jaitley said, "
He argued the decision to increase the rates was mooted by the Railway Board on
Even as the Interim Budget of the Railways was yet to come, the date
" Armed with this decision, the then Railway Minister Shri Mallikarjuna Kharge met the then Prime Minister
He wrote that the Railway Board notified this increase on
" The choice before (Railway Minister D V Sadananda) Gowda was whether to allow the Railways to bleed and eventually walk into a debt trap by following the policy of the UPA government or implement the decision which the UPA government had taken to increase the fares for both passenger and freight but did not have the courage to implement," he added.
BJP & SP FACE OFF IN
The Vidhan Sabha road in
A group of about 200 SP workers reached the BJP office to protest against the increased railway fares.
" The SP workers attacked our office around 4 p. m. following which our workers who were inside the compound retaliated. They (SP workers) threw bricks at our office and also burnt the effigy of PM Narendra Modi," BJP state president
The BJP workers also burnt the effigy of CM Akhilesh Yadav.
" We have taken about 50 persons in our custody," inspector
Most Popular Stories
- Doctor Who Christmas Episode Begins Production
- HCL America Adding 1,200 IT Jobs
- Medical Mfg. Jobs Coming to Dayton
- Michael Jackson, Freddie Mercury on Previously Unreleased Queen Cut
- Longtime Unemployed to Get Help in Las Vegas
- SpaceX Aims for Predawn Launch on Saturday
- Women Key to Democratic Party: Clinton
- U.S. Chamber Caught Up in Tax Inversion Question
- Feds Won't Say How Many Border Crossers Jailed
- Christie Didn't Order Bridge Shut Down, Feds Say