Also, overseas investors sold shares worth
Investors also turned cautious ahead of the new government's budget on
"There is an uncertainty and people are waiting for budget for clarity on major policy issues. However, market is optimistic and is expecting some real good measures. That is why we are not seeing any heavy selling," said
The Sensex lost 0.3 percent, or 74.19 points, to end at 25,031.32.
The Nifty fell 0.24 per cent, or 18.10 points, to end at 7,493.35, closing below the psychologically important 7,500 level.
Both indexes marked their lowest close since
Most Popular Stories
- Small-Business Loans Fueling Economic Growth
- Tesco Head Steps Down After Profit Warning
- Comic-Con Offers Toy Designers a Chance to Go Wild
- Want a Job? Try Minneapolis
- Clinton Wants U.S., E.U. to Get Tough on Russia
- BlackBerry Appoints New COO from LiveOps Inc.
- Startup Makes It Easier to Buy American
- GM Looking for Ignition Fix for Certain Cadillacs
- U.S. Stocks Start the Week on Shaky Ground
- Perry Deploying 1,000 Troops to Texas Border