Also, overseas investors sold shares worth
Investors also turned cautious ahead of the new government's budget on
"There is an uncertainty and people are waiting for budget for clarity on major policy issues. However, market is optimistic and is expecting some real good measures. That is why we are not seeing any heavy selling," said
The Sensex lost 0.3 percent, or 74.19 points, to end at 25,031.32.
The Nifty fell 0.24 per cent, or 18.10 points, to end at 7,493.35, closing below the psychologically important 7,500 level.
Both indexes marked their lowest close since
Most Popular Stories
- Bently Creates Alabama Small Business Commission
- California King Fire Roars Out of Control
- Is Alibaba's IPO Price a Fairytale?
- Mercedes Rolls Out S550 Plug-in Hybrid
- Kardashian: Kanye Never Told Fan in Wheelchair to Stand Up
- SBA Kicks off Hispanic Heritage Month
- CalPERS Pulls Out of Hedge Funds
- U.S. Tobacco Growers Lose Last of Price Supports
- Poverty Rate Drops for First Time Since 2006
- Two-thirds of Hispanics Doubt Media Accuracy