The German DAX lost 0.54% and the French CAC 40 slid 0.45%. The
Oil services provider
Shire, which last week rejected an acquisition proposal, was down 1.4%.
Mining stocks were higher in
In economic news, survey data from Markit Economics showed the flash headline index covering output of both manufacturing and services in Eurozone fell to 52.8 from 53.5 in May. The score was above the neutral 50 mark, but below economists' forecast of 53.4.
Separate data showed that
Flash data from Markit Economics showed that Chinese manufacturing sector expanded for the first time in six months in June, driven by domestic and foreign orders.
Asian stocks erased early gains to end mostly lower, as mounting political tensions between
Most Popular Stories
- Pandora Tumbles in Late Trading
- Sporty Ford Fiesta Fires on All 3 Cylinders
- Stop-Start Engines Save Gas, Reduce Emissions
- World Tensions Don't Curb Enthusiasm for Stocks
- Visa, Amazon Results Drag Down the Street
- Russia Fears Lasting Damage From Ukraine Crisis
- U.K. Economy Surpasses Pre-Crisis Peak
- Ohio State Band Chief Fired After Probe
- Shia LaBeouf Plea Deal, Alcoholism Treatment
- Hispanic Leader Goes the Extra Mile