Following is the text of press release issued by
This is the first time a paper involving a University from
Their work addresses a key challenge faced by large-scale cloud applications (e.g., web search, advertising systems, and financial systems), which is 'network resource allocation'.
This usually means determining how to share a data center network among competing network flows dynamically where the end goal may be to minimize response times, meet deadlines or achieve fair sharing.
Their work proposes a new transport framework called PASE for supporting large-scale online services. PASE vastly improves performance over the state-of-the-art protocols and is readily deployable, as it does not require any changes to the existing infrastructure.
For more information, contact:
Most Popular Stories
- Rackspace Ends Talks About Possible Acquisition
- Mercedes Rolls Out S550 Plug-in Hybrid
- Plus-Size iPhones Live Up to The Hype
- FedEx Adding 50,000 Holiday Jobs
- Toxic Algae Threatens Florida Fishing, Tourism
- Cool Features on Today's New iOS 8
- Missouri GM Plant Adding 750 jobs
- Family Dollar Spurning Bid From Dollar General
- Kohl's Hiring 67,000 for the Holidays
- Poverty Rate Drops for First Time Since 2006