While the details of the transaction weren't revealed, including the price of the acquisition, it marks a sign of the growing popularity of smartphone apps in the grocery industry.
SnapSaves was created by
With the app, shoppers can snap a picture of their grocery receipt and receive money back on selected items through a cheque in the mail.
SnapSaves says the deal will expand its reach to
Other similar money-saving apps have appeared on the market in recent years, including Checkout 51, a
Most Popular Stories
- Americans Still Pessimistic Despite Economic Growth
- Apple to Unveil New Items on Sept. 9
- Friends Followed Similar Paths to Violent Jihad
- Obama Puts Ukraine Violence on Russia
- Hillary Clinton Breaks Silence on Ferguson
- Janet Yellen's Assets Grew by 8 Percent in 2013
- California Moves Toward Ban on Plastic Bags
- Petit Retires 46 Batters in a Row, MLB Record
- Axxis Solutions Appoints Benites as CEO
- Identity Thieves Prey on Job Seekers