Among other things the Financial Services Annex of Secret Trade in Services Agreement (TISA) published by Wikileaks includes clauses which mean banks and other finance companies can quickly import overseas IT workers.
That would make life difficult for local contractors.
Given the choice, workers from cheaper locations are always going to be the first choice.
It's not clear that the agreement will have as much effect in
Tech skills are in such short supply that an influx of overseas workers is unlikely to upset the jobs market.
Most Popular Stories
- Doctor Who Christmas Episode Begins Production
- HCL America Adding 1,200 IT Jobs
- Medical Mfg. Jobs Coming to Dayton
- Michael Jackson, Freddie Mercury on Previously Unreleased Queen Cut
- Longtime Unemployed to Get Help in Las Vegas
- SpaceX Aims for Predawn Launch on Saturday
- Women Key to Democratic Party: Clinton
- U.S. Chamber Caught Up in Tax Inversion Question
- Feds Won't Say How Many Border Crossers Jailed
- Christie Didn't Order Bridge Shut Down, Feds Say