The new association was recently formed to revive the ASO, which was disbanded due to financial difficulties, with the aim of spreading the culture of music among Jordanians.
JOrchestra is a non-profit organisation headed by former senator
"This will provide music students with job opportunities," Shaheen said at a press conference held at the
JOrchestra's mission is to promote classical music and provide high-quality performances by nurturing a generation of talented Jordanian musicians and achieving recognition locally, regionally and internationally, according to its brochure.
"In 1995, Abu-Ghazaleh organised the first professional musical concert of the orchestra at the
"This is good news — that the orchestra is back again," he added.
The concert, organised under the patronage of her Majesty Queen Noor, will be held at
The programme includes musical pieces by
Most Popular Stories
- 'Lucy's' Super Powers Tops 'Hercules' at Box Office
- The 2014 Fastest-Growing 100
- The Rise and Fall of Richard Alarcon
- Vancrest Assisted Living Project to Add 20 Jobs
- Fighting Blocks Investigators, Police From MH17 Crash Site
- U.N. Renews Demand for Gaza Cease-Fire
- VW Site Could Mean Another 2,000 Jobs for Chattanooga
- Nissan Profits Rise on Growth in U.S., China
- 'Sharknado' Sequel Has Bite and Lots of Laughs
- Insecticides Permeate U.S. Food, Water Supply