The new association was recently formed to revive the ASO, which was disbanded due to financial difficulties, with the aim of spreading the culture of music among Jordanians.
JOrchestra is a non-profit organisation headed by former senator
"This will provide music students with job opportunities," Shaheen said at a press conference held at the
JOrchestra's mission is to promote classical music and provide high-quality performances by nurturing a generation of talented Jordanian musicians and achieving recognition locally, regionally and internationally, according to its brochure.
"In 1995, Abu-Ghazaleh organised the first professional musical concert of the orchestra at the
"This is good news — that the orchestra is back again," he added.
The concert, organised under the patronage of her Majesty Queen Noor, will be held at
The programme includes musical pieces by
Most Popular Stories
- Criminal Investigation Opened Into James Foley's Death
- Is Diversity in the Eye of the Beholder?
- Apple Stock Bounces Back Big Time
- 'Mythbusters' Build Team Gets the Boot
- Investors Betting on ECB Stimulus Measures
- Jennifer Lopez Would Marry Again
- Florida Judge Rules in Favor of GOP Voter Map
- Mo'Ne Davis a Big Winner Despite Loss
- Hackers Get Homeland Security Employee Records
- DHS Warns Retailers About Malware in Cash Registers