Alfresco software, the hybrid, enterprise content management (ECM) provider and Active Navigation, the Information Governance Solutions provider, announced today a new technology partnership to tackle specific content challenges associated with record organization and retention. Using record management (RM) technology to improve compliance is a pressing issue. This new union brings together two masters of their respective domains, offering integrated capability around RM where records managers will have the strength of Alfresco's RM application complemented by the analytical power of Active Navigation. This transforms the records management scenario to one of hard-cost savings and ease of use for customers as opposed to one solely driven by records management compliance obligations.
Through this partnership, using the OASIS open standard Content Management Interoperability Services (CMIS), Active Navigation and Alfresco have successfully integrated their products and can 'upload' cleaned data and their attributes into the Alfresco One platform.
• Alfresco will be able to provide a means to de-duplicate and cleanse data and documents before committing them to Alfresco's robust content repository and Records Management framework.
• Active Navigation will reduce the storage space required to archive information, and Alfresco will manage the content and the resulting records.
• Users will have a simple, cost-effective way to capture, organize and retain operational information and emails, while complying with rigorous federal standards for records management.
These remediation and intelligent migration capabilities for unstructured information are available today for Alfresco One's open source CMS.
Active Navigation's solution brings market-leading analytics and actionable visualization, supported by a proven methodology," said
"With looming mandates for electronic records retention going unmet, our partnership delivers the most cost-effective way of complying with these requirements," said
Alfresco's simple and smart ECM with its focus on open standards and approach to Open Source licensing is unprecedented, while Active Navigation leads the market with its light touch and pragmatic approach to file analysis enabling actionable content clean-up to be a reality. Together these two companies are addressing the challenges and requirements of a new breed of technologies and capabilities that are reshaping the future of enterprise content management systems.
About Active Navigation
Active Navigation provides Information Governance solutions that help government and commercial organizations efficiently discover, remediate and extract the most value from their big data. Since its inception it has indexed and cleansed more than a 1 billion customer files and documents and has deployments in 16 countries. It is headquartered in Winchester in the
Alfresco helps teams share, manage and retain content across the extended enterprise with simplicity that end users love and smarts that IT can endorse. Alfresco enables more than 1,300 organizations in more than 180 countries to collaborate more effectively, improve business process efficiency and ensure information governance. Across cloud, mobile, hybrid and on-premise environments, Alfresco is smart enterprise content made easy. Founded in 2005, Alfresco is headquartered in
+1 (404) 566-5372
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2014/06/prweb11964346.htm
Most Popular Stories
- Prosecutor to Investigate Walmart Police Shooting
- GM to Announce New Jobs in Tennessee
- Smith & Wesson Misses Target
- Emirates Hit Libyan Targets With Airstrikes
- Mark Sanchez Suddenly a Hot QB Commodity
- Michael Brown Funeral: Can Americans Change the Script of Violence?
- Marco Rubio Warns Obama on Deportations
- American Killed With ISIS Fighters in Syria
- Surf's Up! SoCal Prepares for Big Storm Surf
- Hamas Claims Gaza Ceasefire as Victory Over Israel