FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT: Ms.
The following is a copy of a letter to the Speaker of the
Alternate OSD Federal Register Liaison Officer,
BILLING CODE: 5001-06-P
See Illustration in Original Document.
BILLING CODE: 5001-06-C
Transmittal No. 14-16
Notice of Proposed Issuance of Letter of Offer Pursuant to Section 36(b)(1) of the Arms Export Control Act, as amended
(i) Prospective Purchaser:
(ii) Total Estimated Value:
Major Defense Equipment*....
(iii) Description and Quantity or Quantities of Articles or Services under Consideration for Purchase: follow-on support and services for
(v) Prior Related Cases, if any:
FMS case SAA-$192M-24Feb06
FMS case NCX-$107M-20Sep06
FMS case NAS-$187M-25Mar08
FMS case NCY-$202M-01Oct09
FMS case SAC-$98M-30Oct09
(vii) Sensitivity of Technology Contained in the Defense Article or Defense Services Proposed to be Sold: See Attached Annex.
(viii) Date Report Delivered to
* as defined in Section 47(6) of the Arms Export Control Act.
Singapore--F-16 Pilot Training
The Government of
This proposed sale will contribute to the foreign policy and national security of
The proposed sale of this equipment and support will not alter the basic military balance in the region.
The principal contractor will be
Implementation of this proposed sale will not require the assignment of any additional
There will be no adverse impact on U.S. defense readiness as a result of this proposed sale.
Transmittal No. 14-16
Notice of Proposed Issuance of Letter of Offer Pursuant to Section 36(b)(1) of the Arms Export Control Act
Item No. vii
(vii) Sensitivity of Technology:
1. The CATM-9M Captive Air Training Missile (CATM) is a captive version of the AIM-9M-8/9 Sidewinder used for training purposes only. The CATM does not include the rocket motor or warhead but does include the AIM-9M-8/9 Sidewinder Active Optical Target Detector,
2. The equipment hardware, software, and maintenance are classified Confidential. Pilot training is classified Secret. Manuals and technical documentation are classified Secret. Performance and operating information is classified Secret.
3. If a technologically advanced adversary were to obtain knowledge of the specific hardware and software elements, the information could be used to develop countermeasures which might reduce weapon system effectiveness or be used in the development of a system with similar or advanced capabilities.
4. A determination has been made that the recipient country can provide the same degree of protection for the sensitive technology being released as the
5. All defense articles and services listed in this transmittal have been authorized for release and export to the Government of
Citation: "79 FR 35536"
Document Number: "Transmittal Nos. 14-16"
Federal Register Page Number: "35536"
Most Popular Stories
- Criminal Investigation Opened Into James Foley's Death
- Short-Term Loans Comes at a Heavy Price
- Rocket Explodes During U.S. Test Flight
- Koch Brothers Took Genes, Money in Different Directions
- Apple Stock Bounces Back Big Time
- Is Diversity in the Eye of the Beholder?
- 'Mythbusters' Build Team Gets the Boot
- Jennifer Lopez Would Marry Again
- Florida Judge Rules in Favor of GOP Voter Map
- Obama Again Faces Tug of Military Action in Syria