Country singer Randy Travis is still unable to speak nearly one year after he had a stroke due, sources close to him told TMZ.
Travis had surgery to relieve pressure on his brain July 8 due to the stroke, which also caused paralysis.
He's now able to walk with a cane, but still can't speak.
A representative for Travis told TMZ the singer is working with a therapist and could even be fit enough to take the stage in another three years or so.
A source who has spent quite a bit of time with Travis, said he's not able to form a sentence and may not even be able to follow conversations.
Copyright 2014 United Press International, Inc. (UPI). Any reproduction, republication, redistribution and/or modification of any UPI content is expressly prohibited without UPI's prior written consent.
Most Popular Stories
- Toxic Algae Threatens Florida Fishing, Tourism
- Hispanic Groups Lead Voter Registration Drive
- Fed Signals It Will Keep Key Rate at Record Low
- Eva Mendes Gives Birth to a Baby Girl
- Stocks Rise Before Fed Statement
- Occupy Wall Street Buys Up Student Debt
- FedEx Adding 50,000 Holiday Jobs
- Plus-Size iPhones Live Up to The Hype
- Kohl's Hiring 67,000 for the Holidays
- Cool Features on Today's New iOS 8