His second opus "Oasis" was posted on the same web channel last May and has already been viewed 250,000 times. It was beautifully shot in Wadi Rum.
The singer is Jaafar and he is coming from the US, where he now lives, to perform at the 29th Jerash Festival of Culture and Arts in the
Jaafar is an accomplished performer-songwriter, composing the music and writing the lyrics of his songs. He delivers catchy tunes wrapped in energetic rhythms and electric guitar patterns that get to you in an infectious, irresistible manner.
The music belongs to the mainstream pop-soft-rock genre but with a subtle twist that makes it all sound very much new, fresh.
It bears the unmistakable imprint of the young artist and is easily recognisable. In a word, Jaafar's music is strongly characterised. On top of the good music, one trait is essential to the two songs heard so far: It is Jaafar's distinctive voice and singing style.
Strong without being aggressive, powerful yet easily flowing, the voice immediately catches the attention of the listener with its phrasing and excellent sense of rhythm, not to mention its deep sound.
Interestingly, the accent is reminiscent of that of
In an interview with The
He is now a full-time musician and typically works as a solo act. However, at the Jerash concert he will be accompanied by a band of five musicians who will come from the US to play with him.
The 23-year-old Jordanian lived in
Most Popular Stories
- U.S. Families 'Extraordinarily Vulnerable': Yellen
- Hillary Clinton to Address CHCI Conference
- Larry Ellison Steps Down as Oracle CEO
- Alibaba Prices IPO at $68 a Share
- Veterans to Get Training as Solar Panel Installers
- Apple Locks Itself Out of Devices
- Hispanics Doubt Marco Rubio's Chances
- Wildfires Rage in California
- John Cantlie Delivers ISIS Message to Save Life
- Alibaba: Today China, Tomorrow the World