"This section deals exclusively with cybercrime and its technical aspects, said Lt. Aati Al-Quraish, spokesperson of police on Saturday.
The Anti-Cybercrime Law was approved by a Royal decree on
Cybercrime is on the rise across the
Consumer cybercrime cost the Kingdom SR2.6 billion in the previous year, according to a survey by
A wide section of Saudi society has been calling for initiating criminal action against personal insults on social networking websites.
Most Popular Stories
- 'Lucy's' Super Powers Tops 'Hercules' at Box Office
- The Rise and Fall of Richard Alarcon
- U.N. Renews Demand for Gaza Cease-Fire
- Nissan Profits Rise on Growth in U.S., China
- 'Sharknado' Sequel Has Bite and Lots of Laughs
- Vancrest Assisted Living Project to Add 20 Jobs
- The 2014 Fastest-Growing 100
- Pending Home Sales Slipped in June
- Shania Twain's Vegas residency ending after 110 shows
- Fighting Blocks Investigators, Police From MH17 Crash Site