The LCAP is a response to the state's approval of the Local Control Funding Formula (LCFF) for schools. The formula replaces the state's outdated and confusing school finance system with a more streamlined one that gives schools greater flexibility to use state funding based upon students' needs.
Shortly after the state's approval of the new formula last year, LBUSD embarked on a sweeping effort to engage the community in shaping its LCAP, including multiple surveys and meetings. The plan is required under the new formula.
The draft LCAP spells out spending priorities and accountability measures to make certain that resources are used wisely. The school board is scheduled to consider the plan for formal approval, along with the school district's entire budget, on
View the draft budget (http://www.lbschools.net/budget).
View the latest draft of the LCAP (http://www.lbschools.net/lcap).
TNS 24KuanRap-140619 30FurigayJof-4771778 30FurigayJof
Most Popular Stories
- Homeowners More Satisfied With Mortgage Servicers
- Discounts Help U.S. Auto Sales Sizzle in July
- Russia, Ukraine Now Face Off Over Football Clubs
- Colorado Issuing Immigrant Driver's Licenses
- Fiat Looks Abroad After Chrysler Merger Vote
- Chrysler U.S. Sales in July Hit 9-Year High
- MassMutual Teams Up With ALPFA
- Recruiting and Keeping the Perfect Employee
- Obama Vows to Veto House Immigration Bill
- Dow Wipes Out Gains for the Year: What Happens Now?