The Asian markets are trading mostly higher, although gains remain capped amid worries over
In news out of
In economic releases, investors eye private sector activity data from major Eurozone economies and reports on US manufacturing and existing home sales later in the day for further clues on the global economic outlook.
The Japanese yen strengthened against the greenback and euro after a preliminary showed Japanese manufacturing activity expanded for the first time in three months in June. The euro remains under pressure in the wake of dovish comments from the
In corporate news, French media and telecom giant
The major European markets ended mixed on Friday as news of another blockbuster takeover bid in the pharmaceuticals sector and dovish remarks from the Federal Reserve offset disappointing consumer confidence data from the euro zone and concerns about the volatile situation in
In the US the major averages rose about 0.2% each on Friday, with the Dow and the S&P 500 both reaching fresh record closing highs, as investors continued to digest the Federal Reserve's supportive policy announcement earlier in the week.
Most Popular Stories
- Criminal Investigation Opened Into James Foley's Death
- Short-Term Loans Comes at a Heavy Price
- Rocket Explodes During U.S. Test Flight
- Koch Brothers Took Genes, Money in Different Directions
- Apple Stock Bounces Back Big Time
- Is Diversity in the Eye of the Beholder?
- 'Mythbusters' Build Team Gets the Boot
- Jennifer Lopez Would Marry Again
- Florida Judge Rules in Favor of GOP Voter Map
- Obama Again Faces Tug of Military Action in Syria