The DFM index closed 2.25 down at 4,489.90 points on Sunday. It hit a high of 4,636.3 during intra trade.
"There are concerns from traders on further downsize of the market. We are seeing escalated pressure due to
He said the focus is now to book profits on blue chips that led the rally in the beginning of the year. That is expected after such a rally.
The DFM index has surged 2.8 per cent in the last three sessions but the index has dropped 12 per cent this month alone due to more than 40 per cent fall in
Among the gainers,
Of the 31 companies traded, seven rose, 22 declined and two closed unchanged.
About 372.76 million shares worth Dh930.66 million were traded.
"I think it [fall in
Shuraab said the only good thing about
Among the gainers, Arkan rose 5.82 per cent to Dh2, followed by Agthia by 3.51 per cent to Dh5.90 and
Of the 35 companies traded, nine rose, 19 declined and seven closed unchanged.
About 109.96 million shares worth Dh232.33 million were traded.
Eshraq was the active value and volume leader.
Most Popular Stories
- Prosecutor to Investigate Walmart Police Shooting
- GM to Announce New Jobs in Tennessee
- Mark Sanchez Suddenly a Hot QB Commodity
- Smith & Wesson Misses Target
- Emirates Hit Libyan Targets With Airstrikes
- Marco Rubio Warns Obama on Deportations
- Michael Brown Funeral: Can Americans Change the Script of Violence?
- American Killed With ISIS Fighters in Syria
- Surf's Up! SoCal Prepares for Big Storm Surf
- Ford Hires 300 at Louisville Lincoln Plant