Internet service provider AccessKenya has appointed Betty Mudhune as the group chief operating officer (COO) in an ongoing reorganisation of the company following its buyout by
AccessKenya is in the process of merging its operations with Internet Solution, a subsidiary of
AccessKenya created a new position of deputy CEO in March that is currently held by Chris Senanu (above), who also doubles up as the managing director for Internet.
Ms Mudhune, who has over 15 years experience in the telecommunications sector, held a similar position at Internet Solution. AccessKenya did not have the COO position before.
"Previously we did not see the need for such a position, however with the acquisition and the ongoing interaction with Internet Solution, the product portfolios have grown that demand someone to be in charge," said Mr Senanu.
AccessKenya's merger with Internet Solution will offer it a wider pool of IT experts and widen products offerings such as cloud computing, outsourced IT infrastructure and software.
"The impact of this is that AccessKenya enterprise division was swallowed up and we now have the Internet Solution managed services," added Mr Senanu.
At the time,
The network rollout includes wireless service expansion throughout the country which is expected to bring 15 new counties onto AccessKenya's wireless, metro and national fibre infrastructure this year.
Most Popular Stories
- Prosecutor to Investigate Walmart Police Shooting
- GM to Announce New Jobs in Tennessee
- Smith & Wesson Misses Target
- Emirates Hit Libyan Targets With Airstrikes
- Mark Sanchez Suddenly a Hot QB Commodity
- Michael Brown Funeral: Can Americans Change the Script of Violence?
- Marco Rubio Warns Obama on Deportations
- American Killed With ISIS Fighters in Syria
- Surf's Up! SoCal Prepares for Big Storm Surf
- Hamas Claims Gaza Ceasefire as Victory Over Israel