Electricity remains a main challenge in
In an attempt to increase the capacity of the LEC, the corporation and the
A Chinese implementing contractor,
World Bank Country Manager Inguna Dobraga revealed that the 10 MW Power Plant will boost the country's present electricity capacity by fifty percent and intends to decrease the price of electricity in the country. She said that the cost of electricity has been significant obstacles for private sector growth in
Said Dobraga: "This Power Plant is part of a broader
The World Bank Country Manager mentioned that the group has offered about
Madam Dobraga used the occasion to sketch out the importance of a cordial working relationship among all institutions working in the energy sector to continue what she called 'the series of successes that have been already achieved'.
Simultaneously the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the Liberia Electricity Corporation Greg Sylvestre said the LEC is very anxious to see the result of yet another
In the meantime, Lands Mines and Energy Minister
He said that the begining of the Power Plant project through the instrumentality of the LEC is a significant achievement.
Minister Sendolo said, "So for the first time in our country history, you have four Power Plant being constructed all at the same time and I think this merits commendation on the part of the LEC team .
Most Popular Stories
- Bently Creates Alabama Small Business Commission
- Bolivar Appointed to NSHMBA National Board
- When to Say No to Investors, Yes to Mentors
- SBA Kicks off Hispanic Heritage Month
- Rosneft Growth Slowed by Western Sanctions
- Duke Energy, Strata Partner on Big Solar Project
- Ukraine Offers Temporary Autonomy to Rebel-held Areas
- Thousands Risk Losing Health Care Aid
- Lindsay Lohan Claims She Handled Whitney Houston's Body Bag
- Cat Stevens Touring U.S., First Since 1970s