Electricity remains a main challenge in
In an attempt to increase the capacity of the LEC, the corporation and the
A Chinese implementing contractor,
World Bank Country Manager Inguna Dobraga revealed that the 10 MW Power Plant will boost the country's present electricity capacity by fifty percent and intends to decrease the price of electricity in the country. She said that the cost of electricity has been significant obstacles for private sector growth in
Said Dobraga: "This Power Plant is part of a broader
The World Bank Country Manager mentioned that the group has offered about
Madam Dobraga used the occasion to sketch out the importance of a cordial working relationship among all institutions working in the energy sector to continue what she called 'the series of successes that have been already achieved'.
Simultaneously the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the Liberia Electricity Corporation Greg Sylvestre said the LEC is very anxious to see the result of yet another
In the meantime, Lands Mines and Energy Minister
He said that the begining of the Power Plant project through the instrumentality of the LEC is a significant achievement.
Minister Sendolo said, "So for the first time in our country history, you have four Power Plant being constructed all at the same time and I think this merits commendation on the part of the LEC team .
Most Popular Stories
- GE Healthcare Bringing Jobs to Massachusetts
- Hispanic NASCAR Driver Ready to Make History
- Faith Groups Divest From Fossil Fuels
- James Foley Beheading Video Is Real Thing: White House
- James Foley Killer Could Be ID'd Via Social Media, Voice Recognition
- Apple Stock Bounces Back Big Time
- Bank of America Agrees to Pay Record $16.65 Billion
- Entrepreneur Contest Announced in Idaho
- Stocks Moving Higher Again for 4th Day
- U.S. Existing Home Sales Rise 4th Month Straight