Faced with delays in delivery of next-generation GPS III satellites by
The GPS III satellites will provide new and secure signals for military users and new signals for civil use which promise accuracy for the location-based applications on smart phones and tablets.
Lockheed has a contract for 8 GPS III satellites. The delays were caused by problems with the navigation payload. The
Most Popular Stories
- Islamic State Obliterating Cultural Landmarks in Mosul
- The 2014 Fastest-Growing 100
- 'Lucy's' Super Powers Tops 'Hercules' at Box Office
- Boehner Says Impeachment Talk Is Democrat Scam
- You're So Vain: Microsoft to Launch First 'Selfie Phone'
- VW Site Could Mean Another 2,000 Jobs for Chattanooga
- U.S. Home Price Gains Slow for 6th Month in a Row
- RV Sales See Highest Increase Post Great Recession
- Report: China to Declare Qualcomm a Monopoly
- Insecticides Permeate U.S. Food, Water Supply