With about 40 buttons, joysticks, switches, dials and foot pedals, this infamous realisation of a giant robot vehicle's cockpit served just two games.
2 Rez - The Trance Vibrator
The butt of countless gags about sex toys on release, the Trance Vibrator shuddered to the beat of Rez, a music-focused gaming masterpiece.
A head-mounted, voice-activated lightgun for Nes games, the
4 Densha de Go - various train controllers
In an act of charmingly ludicrous design, some of the highly specific controllers for this rail sim series feature their own dead-man's handles.
5 ASCII - Gamecube keyboard controller
Switching keyboard and joypad mid-game is no fun, so ASCII combined the two, creating an ungainly monster of product design.
6 Resident Evil 4 - The Chainsaw
What does a game focused on shooting zombies need? Not an ergonomically challenging chainsaw-shaped controller. But it got one.
Most Popular Stories
- James Foley Beheading Video Is Real Thing: White House
- McDonald's Packages Coffee for National Distribution
- Apple Stock Bounces Back Big Time
- Faith Groups Divest From Fossil Fuels
- Notes From the July FOMC Meeting
- Castro-Blanco Joins Fifth Street Finance Board
- Honda's Safe Approach Pays Off in Sales
- Ballmer Steps Down From Microsoft Board
- GE Healthcare Bringing Jobs to Massachusetts
- Target Slashes Annual Profit Outlook