With about 40 buttons, joysticks, switches, dials and foot pedals, this infamous realisation of a giant robot vehicle's cockpit served just two games.
2 Rez - The Trance Vibrator
The butt of countless gags about sex toys on release, the Trance Vibrator shuddered to the beat of Rez, a music-focused gaming masterpiece.
A head-mounted, voice-activated lightgun for Nes games, the
4 Densha de Go - various train controllers
In an act of charmingly ludicrous design, some of the highly specific controllers for this rail sim series feature their own dead-man's handles.
5 ASCII - Gamecube keyboard controller
Switching keyboard and joypad mid-game is no fun, so ASCII combined the two, creating an ungainly monster of product design.
6 Resident Evil 4 - The Chainsaw
What does a game focused on shooting zombies need? Not an ergonomically challenging chainsaw-shaped controller. But it got one.
Most Popular Stories
- Steven Sotloff Beheading Video Claimed by Islamic State
- Fantasy Football Gambling Industry Facing Increased Legal Scrutiny
- Apple Planning to Launch Mobile Wallet
- Men Are the Big Winners in the Jobs Recovery
- Challenge to Texas Voter ID Begins
- U.S. Drones Hit al-Shabab in Somalia
- California Hispanic Chamber Picks New Chair
- Ford Is Finding Success With Its 'Unminivan'
- Durant Spurns Under Armour to Return to Nike
- Auto Industry Going Back to Bad Habits