"This is not just a coincidence. We think there is probably more to it than that," said
The rapper was not hurt in Thursday night's shooting, but three other people in the vehicle he was in sustained non-life threatening injuries. One of the victims was released from the hospital Friday morning.
No arrests have been made, but Kelley said investigators have received numerous tips and are trying to determine a motive for the attack in a parking lot at the outdoor venue, where the Beatles and Grateful Dead have performed and U2 filmed "Under a Blood Red Sky."
ScHoolboy Q, whose birth name is
ScHoolboy Q said on
"im str8...... dont trip," he wrote. His next tweet said. "and IM STILL GOING TO
In March, when ScHoolboy Q played at a sold-out show in
The rapper and at least four other people were in the white SUV that was fired on at the venue in the foothills west of
They drove themselves to a
ScHoolboy Q and another uninjured person were briefly handcuffed while police assessed the situation, but no one in the vehicle was arrested. Kelley said ScHoolboy Q was not a suspect in the shooting.
Nas and Flying Lotus also performed at the concert that benefited three groups, including the
Promoters said the gang rescue group received 5 percent of the profits. Two other groups also got 5 percent each: Preserve the Rocks, which helps preserve the Red Rocks venue, and Helping Our People Excel, a
About 4,500 people attended the concert at the amphitheater, which seats as many as 9,525 people.
The amphitheater and surrounding park are popular with joggers and sightseers.
Most Popular Stories
- Americans Still Pessimistic Despite Economic Growth
- Bogdanovitch Delivers Laughs With 'She's Funny'
- Labor Day Travel Up, Gas Prices Down
- Nintendo Launching 'Amiibo' Toy-game Franchise
- U.K. Raises Terror Threat Level to 'Severe'
- Apple to Unveil New Items on Sept. 9
- Parra Joins Exclusive Club of Hispanic CEOs
- Axxis Solutions Appoints Benites as CEO
- Canada, Russia Go to War (on Twitter)
- Obama Puts Ukraine Violence on Russia