Actress Rosario Dawson has joined the cast of Netflix's upcoming series Daredevil.
Sources tell Entertainment Weekly that the streaming provider has not yet revealed the name of Dawson's character, but added that she'll play a "dedicated young woman whose quest to heal the wounds of Hell's Kitchen brings Matt Murdock (Charlie Cox) unexpectedly crashing into her life, while her own journey forever alters the course of his battle against the injustices of this broken city."
News of the actress' casting comes a week and a half after Marvel announced that Vincent D'Onofrio had joined the series as villain Wilson Fisk.
Starring Cox as the blind superhero, Netflix's Daredevil begins filming in July and will premiere in 2015.
Copyright 2014 United Press International, Inc. (UPI). Any reproduction, republication, redistribution and/or modification of any UPI content is expressly prohibited without UPI's prior written consent.
Most Popular Stories
- Criminal Investigation Opened Into James Foley's Death
- McDonald's Names Another U.S. President
- Sahara Casino Rises Anew as SLS Las Vegas
- U.S. Supporters of Islamic State Get Close Scrutiny
- Swiss Suicide Tourism Doubled Since 2009
- Job Market Shifts Complicate Yellen's Rate Decision
- Florida's Largest Insurer Says 'Bailout' Attacks Unfair
- Wealth Gap Widened in Past Decade: Census
- Deere Announces New Round of Layoffs
- Gap Reports Higher Profits, India Plans