Actress Rosario Dawson has joined the cast of Netflix's upcoming series Daredevil.
Sources tell Entertainment Weekly that the streaming provider has not yet revealed the name of Dawson's character, but added that she'll play a "dedicated young woman whose quest to heal the wounds of Hell's Kitchen brings Matt Murdock (Charlie Cox) unexpectedly crashing into her life, while her own journey forever alters the course of his battle against the injustices of this broken city."
News of the actress' casting comes a week and a half after Marvel announced that Vincent D'Onofrio had joined the series as villain Wilson Fisk.
Starring Cox as the blind superhero, Netflix's Daredevil begins filming in July and will premiere in 2015.
Copyright 2014 United Press International, Inc. (UPI). Any reproduction, republication, redistribution and/or modification of any UPI content is expressly prohibited without UPI's prior written consent.
Most Popular Stories
- Fantasy Football Gambling Industry Facing Increased Legal Scrutiny
- As States Legalize Pot, Will Traffic Deaths Rise?
- NATO Plans High-Readiness Force to Counter Russia
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy' Conquers the North American Box Office with $16.3M
- Obama Promoting Economic Gains As Elections Near
- GE Capital and Petters-Related Fund in Legal Battle
- California Conservation Conundrum: Water Use Varies Greatly Across State
- Combating Online Abuse Not Easy for Gamers
- Even With Surly 2014 Electorate, It's 'Still an Incumbent's World'
- Feds Want Nuclear Waste Train, but Nowhere to Go