ManageEngine, the real-time IT management company, today announced the launch of its Android app for OpManager, the company s data center management software for large enterprises. Announced at DCIM Meetup Tokyo, the new Android app is available immediately at no charge to help IT admins stay connected to their IT from anywhere, at any time.
ManageEngine will demonstrate the app and other new features of OpManager at DCIM Meetup Tokyo, being held today at
The new Android app is the latest entry in OpManager s lineup of mobile apps, which includes iOS apps for iPhone and iPad. The Android app for OpManager delivers IT admins the following features: displays the availability and performance data of managed devices, lists alarms that are raised, lets admins acknowledge and add notes to alarms raised, allows admins to troubleshoot faults using ping and traceroute, enables admins to create custom dashboards, allows app settings to be personalized on a per-user basis, irrespective of the OpManager server settings.
Today s cloud-driven IT needs 24x7 monitoring and instant troubleshooting. Even a few minutes delay can complicate issues and impact the business. A mobile app provides quick access to an IT management solution, so IT teams can understand issues and fix them in real time - regardless of their physical presence in the data center.
"Network management has to be 24x7, but people shouldn't be confined to the office 24x7, said
Most Popular Stories
- Small-Business Loans Fueling Economic Growth
- Tesco Head Steps Down After Profit Warning
- Comic-Con Offers Toy Designers a Chance to Go Wild
- Want a Job? Try Minneapolis
- Google Chrome Bug Draining Batteries: Report
- Clinton Wants U.S., E.U. to Get Tough on Russia
- Startup Makes It Easier to Buy American
- BlackBerry Appoints New COO from LiveOps Inc.
- GM Looking for Ignition Fix for Certain Cadillacs
- U.S. Stocks Start the Week on Shaky Ground