Dr. Mohammad Hossein Imanieh, one of the researchers, said, "After carrying out studies, we precisely and systematically investigated glass ceramics in SiO2-Al2O3-MF system with a new and technical approach. It must be pointed out that the majority of researches in this field had been carried out by focusing on physics and optics. Moreover, contradictory reports have been presented on the power and efficiency of various systems."
The researchers carried out studies in three phases to achieve their objectives.
Dr. Imanieh explained that in the first phase, glass ceramics was produced, which converted infrared to visible light.
"The purpose in the second phase was to determine effective parameters in the conversion of infrared waves into visible ones. The parameters were categorized and their effects were individually inspected," he said.
"Finally, we determined the role of parameters in optical behavior and materials science of glass ceramics. Increase in the efficiency was another objective of the third phase."
Most Popular Stories
- James Foley Beheading Video Is Real Thing: White House
- McDonald's Packages Coffee for National Distribution
- Apple Stock Bounces Back Big Time
- Notes From the July FOMC Meeting
- Honda's Safe Approach Pays Off in Sales
- Castro-Blanco Joins Fifth Street Finance Board
- GE Healthcare Bringing Jobs to Massachusetts
- Ballmer Steps Down From Microsoft Board
- Target Slashes Annual Profit Outlook
- Google Kid Accounts Plan Raises Worries