KEEPING SCORE: Thirty minutes before the start of regular trading, Dow Jones industrial average futures are up 28 points to 16,861.
Standard & Poor's 500 index futures are up four points to 1,954, while Nasdaq 100 futures are up five points to 3,794.
On Thursday, the S&P 500 index notched an all-time high for the second day in a row. The index is on track to gain 1.2 percent for the week.
DISAPPOINTS: Shares of
OVER THERE: Major stock markets in
BONDS: U.S. government bonds prices slipped, pushing yields up. The yield on the 10-year note rose to 2.64 percent from 2.62 percent late Thursday.
Most Popular Stories
- Criminal Investigation Opened Into James Foley's Death
- Rocket Explodes During U.S. Test Flight
- Short-Term Loans Comes at a Heavy Price
- Koch Brothers Took Genes, Money in Different Directions
- Apple Stock Bounces Back Big Time
- Is Diversity in the Eye of the Beholder?
- 'Mythbusters' Build Team Gets the Boot
- Jennifer Lopez Would Marry Again
- Florida Judge Rules in Favor of GOP Voter Map
- Investors Betting on ECB Stimulus Measures