The national standards for Information Technology education for teaching and learning at basic level of education will soon be implemented, the Supervising Minister of Education, Chief Nyesom Wike, has said.
Wike, who was represented by the Permanent Secretary in the ministry, Dr MacJohn Nwaobiala, stated this on Thursday at the 2014
He noted that challenges such as inadequate ICT infrastructure, low bandwidth for internet access and insufficient pool of IT professionals would be addressed with the introduction of the set standards.
"The recently developed national standards for IT education sets clear standards for the teaching and learning of IT at all levels, for teachers, students, educational administrators and other stakeholders in education.
"The IT standards document has just been completed and I hope it will be implemented immediately after the formal launching," he said.
The minister stressed the need for both public and private sectors to work together to address the challenges of sustaining development in ICT and sustaining its global competitiveness.
He also called on the assembly to explore ways of boosting Information Communication and Technology education in
"The outcome of this assembly will boost the much needed turn around in ICT in education and will be of immense benefit to our country," Wike said.
The minister pledged government's commitment to strengthen ICT for successful implementation of information technology education policy standards.
Speaking on the focus of the 2014
"The time has really come for
Most Popular Stories
- Florida Warns Beach-goers About Flesh-eating Bacteria
- Sutherland Responds to 'Unprofessional' Jibe
- LivePro Is a Mobile Hot Spot, Projector in One
- Adrienne Bailon Disses Ex-Lover Rob Kardashian
- Business Leaders Set for CHCC Convention
- Islamic State Fights for Control of Syrian Oil Wealth
- How to Fit Green Energy Into Your Portfolio
- U.S. Economy Grows at Fastest Pace in 10 Years
- Is California Going to Land Tesla's Battery Plant?
- Sanctions Will Hit Russia Hard if Not Lifted Quickly