LOS ANGELES (AP) — A homeless man has been ordered to undergo psychological treatment after pleading no contest to stalking Selena Gomez.
Los Angeles County prosecutors say Che Thomas Cruz entered the plea Friday and was told to spend six months in a residential treatment facility followed by a year of psychological treatment.
He'll also have to stay 200 yards away from the singer-actress and her home for 10 years.
Authorities say Cruz went to the home of Gomez twice and was arrested in March for breaking into her guesthouse in suburban Calabasas.
He pleaded no contest in April to a misdemeanor trespassing charge.
Cruz spent two days in jail but hours after his release he jumped a fence at Gomez's home and was rearrested.
Original headline: Selena Gomez stalker sentenced to treatment
Most Popular Stories
- James Foley Beheading Video Is Real Thing: White House
- McDonald's Packages Coffee for National Distribution
- Apple Stock Bounces Back Big Time
- Honda's Safe Approach Pays Off in Sales
- Castro-Blanco Joins Fifth Street Finance Board
- GE Healthcare Bringing Jobs to Massachusetts
- Notes From the July FOMC Meeting
- Target Slashes Annual Profit Outlook
- Ballmer Steps Down From Microsoft Board
- Google Kid Accounts Plan Raises Worries