In a ceremony in
The agreement exhibits UW-Madison's commitment to identifying global opportunities and partnerships for mutually beneficial collaborations in the areas of drug and bioscience.
The signing will be held at the
"This collaboration came out of a meeting between a UW-Madison delegation and DCB in
The parties will spend two years speeding the development of neocarzionstatin, a compound that is showing great potential against liver cancer. The collaboration will advance a drug-delivery technology that has been pioneered by
DCB will analyze the drug delivery mechanism, perform critical animal testing, and contribute
Cost is a driving consideration in biomedical research, Kao says. "In the pharmaceutical industry, it takes about 15 years, and almost
Other collaborations are in early stage of discussions, Kao says. "We have always billed ourselves as a world university, and we need to respond to a changing global landscape," he says.
With a new openness to partnerships from around the world, Kao says, "We are clearly establishing UW-Madison as a player on the world stage in collaborations in bioscience and technology development."
TNS 30TagarumaMar-140620-4773780 30TagarumaMar
Most Popular Stories
- National Retail Federation Reduces Sales Forecast
- Long-term Strengths Emerge in U.S. Economy
- Honda' s Accord Plug-in Hybrid Is a Fuel Miser
- Xavier Gutierrez Appointed to Bank Board
- Amazon Fire Phone Improves on Familiar: Review
- Self-Induced Abortions Rise After Texas Closes Clinics
- Naya Rivera and Ryan Dorsey Are Married
- Comic-Con Festival Kicks Off in San Diego
- Marco Rubio Swings Back to the Right
- Social Media Startups That Pay You to Post